Hocus Pocus 2 has finally been released. After almost 30 (eek) years, we finally get to see the Sanderson Sisters back in action. They did not disappoint. Hocus Pocus 2 is a delightful sequel that fuses powerful allegory about how magic and energy works and lessons to take on board for real life practicing (and non-practicing) people alike. Films are powerful teachers. When we watch them, we are brought into worlds and topics that we do not often think about. Being a person who lives very much in the world of ‘Halloween’ as part of my everyday life, I deliver this podcast review of ‘Hocus Pocus 2’ from a magical point of view.
Top 5 Magic Lessons for Life from Hocus Pocus 2
*Spoiler alert in the podcast episode but not this summary, which is kept with few details for that specific intention. I do not want to ruin the surprise for anyone. Tune in to hear all the details!*
1) If there is a cultural story, tradition or myth about the danger of a place or a practice, listen to it. If you do not, some form of evil may arise and try to take over the earth, or at the very least, your town.
2) Souls are a valuable commodity. Take care of yours. There is a reason trying to take your soul is a theme in so many movies.
3) Oldschool tools like smudge and salt work. Even against very powerful magic.
4) Sacred objects have sentience******
5) Friends and enemies are not always who you think they will be. Not all witches are like the Sanderson sisters and mean you harm. Not all people who show themselves to be your allies ‘are’. Discernment over who a person is and what their intentions are is important. (Do not just give out your trust, but do not cast all people who do energy work negatively).
To listen to “Hocus Pocus: Lessons for Life” from Crow Medicine podcast:
Apple: (will be on this page as they process it: Crow Medicine: Spirituality for the 21st Century on Apple Podcasts
(See the bottom of this page for an inline player if you prefer to listen here.)
To suggest other movies you would like to hear a magic person review find me on:
Instagram: @KatieIndiCrow, @crowmedicinekatie
FB: Crow Medicine with Katie
For grounding in aware and safe self-connection:
This is something that sits at the groundwork of my training. I have two brand new (related) learning opportunities that are able to access right now. One is a course that you can take and the other is a book that is abbreviated from it. The former is a great option for people who do well with the ability to watch detailed instructional videos, receive additional guidance, and like to have a place to ‘log-in’ that is a digital school. The latter is great for people who are on a tight budget, feel they prefer this level of engagement.
Pathways to Conscious Self-Connection: Pathways to Conscious Self-Connection – Crow Medicine (crow-medicine.com)
Soul Compass: Pathways to Conscious Self-Connection: New Book Release Announcement – Crow Medicine (crow-medicine.com)
To release energy from your auric field (for people who are practiced): https://indicrowacademy.learnworlds.com/course/aura-clinic